Integrated and Informative Global Strategy Insights
With the analytical firepower of our award-winning team of strategists, take advantage of opportunities in the fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities markets with market insights and innovative and actionable ideas.
With our team of analysts operating across Canada, the U.S., Europe and Asia we offer:
- Global Macro Strategy: A top-down and bottom-up view of the fundamental drivers of growth and inflation in our key countries and markets. By understanding these drivers, we shape our view of the direction of monetary and fiscal policy in the various central banks that we cover.
- Global Rates Strategy: A timely analysis and tactical insights on U.S., Canadian, European, U.K., Australian and New Zealand interest rates, as well as cross-country rate opportunities. Leveraging TD’s macro views relative to market pricing, we generate attractive risk/reward trades. Coverage includes front-end rates, duration, curve, inflation-linked products, swap spreads, SSAs and agencies, as well as interest rate derivatives.
- Emerging Markets: Tactical trading advice, research on key macro themes, political dynamics and idiosyncratic opportunities in FX, hard currency, and local rates and SSA bonds. Our offering includes not only written reports and analytics, but also due diligence trips to EM countries and access to conferences that aim to bring clients together with key macroeconomic and political insiders and former policy makers.
- G10 Foreign Exchange Strategy: Professional support and tactical advice on the currency markets in advanced economies and other FX matters. Our experience in financial markets has led to deep knowledge of global markets and international affairs, combining the use of econometrics, policy insight and fundamental/technical analysis.
- Commodities Strategy: Insights and guidance on global precious metals, base metals, and energy markets to help our clients navigate through boom-and-bust cycles. We analyze global macroeconomic data, central bank policy and market expectations to form a top-down view of the world. That view is overlaid with primary research incorporating fundamentals, technicals, positioning and data analytics to identify trading opportunities that are not reflected in market prices.
- Portfolio and ESG Strategy: Macro top-down credit analysis and strategy, portfolio analytics, and cross asset analysis and asset allocation focused particularly on credit markets. Our team offers analytical products and advanced valuation tools to help portfolio managers balance out targets and risks, including the integration of ESG analytics. We also aim to provide a suite of model portfolios that can be used to track and benchmark the performance of fixed income portfolios.
- Emerging Markets: Macro, FX, Hard Currency, Local Currency
- G10 FX
- Macro: Central Bank, Growth, Inflation, Politics, Trade
- Portfolio: US IG corporate bonds, EUR IG Corporate Bonds
- ESG: Portfolio Decarbonisation
- Rates: Derivatives, Inflation, Regulatory, Short-End, Sovereigns, Spread Products
- Outlooks and Monthlies: Global Markets, EM Outlook, FX Views You Can Use, MacroMetrics
- Weeklies: Global Rates Weekly, The Raw Goods, Upcoming Week – The Big Three
- Daily and Data Coverage: FX Daily Dispatch, Global Daily, Preview, Commentary
- Ad Hoc/Thematic: Analytics, Central Bank Playbook, Chart Logic, Market Musings, Model Portfolio Update
- Asia-Pacific: Australia, Japan, New Zealand
- North America: Canada, U.S.
- Europe: Eurozone (France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal), Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, EMEA, Hungary, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Turkey
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand
- LatAm: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico
- Energy & Metals: Energy, Base Metals, Precious Metals
TD Securities Global Strategy