Diversity & Inclusion
Women in Leadership: Meet Debbie Lyttle
Our Women in Leadership spotlight series shines a light on some of the many talented women who work on our team and are committed to developing and empowering their female colleagues.
Debbie Lyttle, Director and Business Manager, Sustainable Finance & Corporate Transitions, is a long-standing culture-builder and inclusion advocate.
Director and Business Manager, Sustainable Finance & Corporate Transitions (SFCT)
Debbie is a pillar of our internal community and a founding member of the Canadian chapter of our Women in Leadership employee resource group. She is a mentor, an advocate and a champion of positive change, leading several impactful diversity and inclusion initiatives over the last 30 years.
What I do
- The launch of our firm's internal annual global recognition program, Pinnacle. This program recognizes our top-performing colleagues for their outstanding contributions to the company. Recognizing and celebrating our top-performers and their contributions has evolved tremendously since the program's inception in 2014 and is core to our culture. As the program owner, I got to meet and celebrate the award recipients each year and witness first-hand the excitement, gratitude and impact the recognition experience had on them.
- In 2020, we transformed our annual Underwriting Hope campaign to an online matching fundraiser to help charities and agencies across North America that we had a long-standing history with who had been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. While the campaign was shortened, in true TD Securities spirit, we exceeded our fundraising target, increased year-over-year participation rates, and dispersed C$1.4M to 84 organizations across North America!
Advice to my younger self
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) matters in the workplace! Having a high EQ means knowing your strengths and how to use them to your full advantage while keeping your weaknesses from holding you back. The most successful leaders I've worked with had high EQ.
- Don’t get caught up comparing yourself to others. Instead, judge yourself against what you’re capable of.
- Never stop learning.
- Celebrate your victories in life – both big and small.
- Smile more, worry less and don't rush the years away. Enjoy every stage of the journey.
Find a career opportunity that fits you. Visit our Careers page